Yash Birla, the multi-talented businessman and fitness influencer, says that developing a positive attitude toward fitness can significantly enhance your motivation, enjoyment, and long-term commitment to a healthy lifestyle. Here are some tips on how to have a better attitude toward fitness from Yash Birla:
- Set realistic goals: Start by setting specific, achievable fitness goals that are aligned with your interests, abilities, and lifestyle. Break larger goals into smaller milestones to track your progress and celebrate achievements along the way. Realistic goals help you maintain a positive mindset by providing a sense of accomplishment and continuous growth, believes Yash Birla.
- Discover activities you like: Take part in physical pursuits that you truly enjoy. It could be dancing, cycling, swimming, hiking, playing a sport, or anything that gets you moving and brings you joy. When you genuinely enjoy an activity, it becomes easier to maintain motivation and look forward to your fitness routine.
- Focus on the benefits: Shift your focus from solely appearance-based goals to the numerous benefits of regular exercise. Recognize the positive impact on your overall health, including increased energy, improved mood, better sleep, enhanced cognitive function, stress reduction, and stronger immunity. Appreciating these benefits can help you maintain a positive attitude toward fitness.
- Create a supportive environment: Surround yourself with like-minded individuals who share your fitness goals or who are already engaged in a healthy lifestyle. Join fitness classes, find a workout buddy, or participate in group activities to foster a supportive and motivating environment. Being around others who are enthusiastic about fitness can inspire and encourage you to stay committed.
- Make it enjoyable: Yash Birla suggests that one should inject fun and variety into your fitness routine to keep it interesting and enjoyable. Try different workout styles, explore new locations, incorporate music or podcasts, or join fitness challenges to keep yourself engaged and motivated. Experimenting with different activities can help you discover what you truly enjoy and make fitness a more positive experience.
- Practice self-compassion: Be kind to yourself throughout your fitness journey. Focus on your own development instead of making comparisons to others. Celebrate minor triumphs along the journey and accept setbacks as chances for growth. Treat yourself with self-compassion and understand that fitness is a long-term commitment that requires patience, consistency, and a positive mindset, says Yash Birla.
- Track and celebrate progress: Keep track of your progress, whether it’s through a fitness journal, mobile apps, or wearable devices. Seeing improvements in your strength, endurance, flexibility, or overall fitness level can boost your confidence and motivation. Celebrate milestones and reward yourself for reaching specific goals to maintain a positive attitude and reinforce your commitment.
Remember, maintaining a positive attitude toward fitness is a continuous process. Be patient with yourself, stay consistent, and approach fitness as a lifelong journey rather than a short-term endeavour. Embrace the process, enjoy the benefits, and focus on the positive changes it brings to your overall well-being.